Sunday, June 29, 2008

Some Happy Things

Last night, I went to the 40th anniversary party of Sam's parents, Cheryl and Richard. I really had a lot of fun meeting their family and friends, and of course, hanging out with Sam and his brothers, both of whom live in Chicago and had flown to New York for the occasion. They finally presented them with the photo album that that they (mostly Sam) had been working on for over a month! It included anecdotes from their loved ones, as well as photos. It was a great success!

After the party, Sam, his brothers, and I went back to Cheryl and Richard's for a night cap. We looked through the album. At this point, they opened a few presents. That's when I presented them with this box:
You see, Sam's parents collect little boxes. I've had this pattern by Julia S. Pretl in my beading repertoire ever since it appeared in Bead and Button Magazine about 6 years ago. They take quite a while to make, but I love making them and giving to people who love them. Seeing Richard's and Cheryl's happy reactions to this was sooooooooooo cool! :-)

Another happy thing is that I am currently being featured on NightMaiden's blog, Going Handmade! I am so grateful to NightMaiden for featuring me! I know that when I answer interview questions (just like when I used to write essays, and before that, reports) I tend to write a lot! So I really commend NightMaiden for taking my looooooong answers and putting together such a wonderful article! I also commend her for taking so much time to promote Etsy artist. Her blog is very new, but she has featured a different Etsy artist every single day since its birth! If you check out her blog, be sure to check out some of the other Etsy artists she features! Her post on Maoiliosa prompted me to impulsively buy these gorgeous Japanese washi earrings.

Ever since they arrived at my apartment a few days ago, I haven't taken them off! (OK, maybe for sleeping and showering, but that's IT!) :-)

8 comments:

maoiliosa said...

yay! the earrings look SO cute on you, and i'm glad you're loving them! :D

Marlaine said...

That little box is so cool.

SarahKelley said...

What a fabulous box!

Dawn N said...

That little box is beautiful. I love giving handmade gifts to people that really appreciate them.

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Love the box and I am sure they did too. Love your earrings too. Know how you feel about them when you love them so much. Congrats on the writeup.

Julie said...

Love the box - and those are some gorgeous earrings! It's nice to hear that the box was well received. It's always a bit nerve-wracking for me when I give a hand made gift as hand made items are not always well received.

Unknown said...

great gift! I am glad you got such a wonderful reaction from it! thats the best part!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little box! I hope your boyfriend's parents treasure it. The earrings look fabulous! Your blog is fun. I especially enjoyed the 6/25 entry.
Rocky's Girl