Saturday, June 14, 2008

I'm behind

This week has been pretty hectic for me. Really good, but busy.

I woke up Monday morning to a request for a trade! It was something I'd never done before but was eager to try! I traded this little "charm" bracelet
for three sets of adorable stickers from beckynot! Now I have cute stickers I can use when I send things to my canine-obsessed relatives, and I can also adorn my packages that I send out to Etsy customers with them! (You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find cute stickers in New York City. I had given up. New York City children are apparently beyond stickers.)

I have apparently become an avid Etsy buyer, because I've made quite a few Etsy purchases since I joined. I'm usually pretty frugal, so this could get dangerous!

I came across Chopstix Waits' shop kind of randomly. I was looking at the blogs on a "blog roll" Etsy Forum, and when I read Mary Jane Frances' blog (which is, itself, very inspiring, and a great blog to read), I just knew that I had to visit that shop! Chopstix's sewing is impeccable, and is inspired by African textiles. No matter what I end up doing as a career, I will forever be the anthropology major I was in college. I'll be the girl who loves all crafts - especially those from other cultures, whose thesis structure was loosely based on an ethnography about Guatemalan textiles. Best of all, these clothes look like they were made for me! I impulsively bought a beautiful knit summer top, and a few hours after it arrived, I could not help but to buy another. And you know what? I couldn't be happier!

I also did something very uncharacteristic for me this week - I went out on both Thursday and Friday nights. (Gasp!) I had lots of fun, but was left kind of behind in my craft-related work.

So I fell behind in my EBW Team emails and posts. I was pleasantly surprised last night to read an Etsy conversation from Grandma Marilyn's that I was in this treasury along with 11 other EBW Team members:

(As you can see, some of the images in the treasury got cut off - I still have to figure out how to get better screen shots.) You will be able to view this until Monday at 2:19 a.m.

I was so far behind, that I actually MISSED a treasury that I was in. I just saw this screenshot of it on Carol Dean Sharpe's blog this morning! (She is, rightly so, the queen of Etsy treasuries.) It also had some other amazing EBW pieces in it.
Now I have to work on a gift whose owner should be getting it alarmingly soon. I might also finish a bracelet to sell, with which I am almost done. We shall see...

7 comments:

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

Thank you for the mention, Adina...and that was a spectacular blue treasury! About your tickled pink treasury spot...you can "lift" the complete image from the EBW blog post: http://etsy-beadweavers.blogspot.com/2001/01/treasuries-featuring-ebw-members.html

maryeb said...

I saw your post about this in the etsy forum. Nice post. Interesting to read!! Thanks for sharing it.

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Thank you for linking to my Etsy site. Glad you were in 2 treasuries. You do have some pretty creations.

Susan Clinkscales said...

Hey Adina, your little 'charm' bracelet is precious!

Gabriela said...

Hello Adina,

You make very cool stuff! And also watch the same TV programs I do!

~ Gabriela ~

:-) MaryLou said...

An absolutely charming charm bracelet. I'm sure the person you're trading with will love it.

As for being behind, I think that goes with the art of beadweaving. I'm behind in the laundry, the dishes, packing to move, getting things ready to donate, and everything else that's on my list of things to do... but I'm beadweaving!

Ya just gotta stick with what's important.
:-)

Julie said...

Cute bracelet you traded for. Suggestion on finding stickers - look for scrap-booking stores - they usually have a huge selection of stickers.

Great job on getting treasury spots as well - both of them are gorgeous!