Saturday, September 15, 2007

If I were a famous knitting blogger...

Come on, we all know they exist. I don't dream big but I do dream. [Enter ironic chuckle or deadpan stare.] Well, if I had my own knitting empire, I would declare October the month of the UFO. I have several items I am so close to finishing but have not finished because of various reasons (I'm not the biggest fan of weaving in ends, I don't know how to sew in zippers, I can't find one of my needles, I'm worried that when I finish I'll have to submit myself to knowing that the dimensions are wrong...) But I would set up a challenge for people to finish as many unfinished objects as they could throughout the month of October. That would, of course, give me the motivation to do so myself. But alas, I am not a famous knitting blogger. I have until the end of September to decide if I want to give myself that challenge, or if it would be just another boring, dead-end task.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we could do it together! i knit about 3 rows of a tote bag and then left it...i am halfway through a pink sock....i like the starting and finishing much more than the middle of the projects. :)
-kathleen

adina said...

that's awesome! let's do it!

Anna said...

You could start small. And if people advertise it on their blogs it could spread. And then you'll be famous. Do a post on it with the rules on it and I'll be a part of it