Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Another New Project!

This is the problem with UFOs. There is always a new project. Always just one, five, or ten more before we finish that thing we made last fall. It would be out of the question to ask a knitter to spend a whole month working on nothing but UFOs.

So I think it is perfectly reasonable to start this. You can make squares and send them in to be sewn into afghans, or you can team up with a group and make the whole thing. Joanna gave us the idea for this one, and she, Kathleen, Jen, and I are all very excited. (The four of us are making one together.) At the rate these girls are knitting, we'll be done in no time! It will give us opportunities to experiment with new stitches and techniques, and to use some of our leftover yarn. I think that during October, it would be reasonable for me to work on this, at least sometimes, when I'm busy but just need something to do with my hands.

No comments: