Saturday, July 12, 2008

This and That


This is my friend, Dave, his awesome girlfriend, Nicole, and me last night at a comedy show. Dave and I went to high school together in Sydney, and he's doing a PhD in theoretical particle physics at Cornell, and Nicole is a med student here in New York City. They're both on summer break now, so it was awesome getting to see these busy academics. (The show was cool too!)

This weekend, Sam is partying it up in California with his brother, Dan, so today is my lazy day. It was going to be my cleaning day, but I think it's going to be my lazy day with some cleaning on the side. This morning, I've been beading and watching Project Runway reruns. I'm finishing up a bracelet that I started last weekend. It's inspired by my EBWC Challenge piece. Here it is, not quite done. (There are still loose strings hanging off of it.) It's definitely a piece that needs to be photographed in natural light, but you get the idea:

The bracelet turned out a little bit smaller than expected, so who better to wear it than yours truly! I'm keeping this one for myself! :-)

Speaking of last weekend, I just have to include this photo of Sam's mom, Cheryl, who put this choker that I made with this adorable outfit, worn to dinner last weekend in Sag Harbor:

5 comments:

:-) MaryLou said...

The green choker is really cute!

I have to start reading the posts before I look at the pictures. When I saw the bracelet, I thought the strings were part of the design. It made me think of fireworks or little vines. It was only after I went back to read the post that I discovered the real reason for them... :-)

SarahKelley said...

Your new bracelet is so pretty!

Melody Marie Murray said...

Can't beat luck- when they turn out so they fit you, you really have to keep 'em. :-)

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Nice work. Both the bracelet and the choker are beautiful

Marlaine said...

That bracelet is so beautiful!