Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It must be genetic

At least it runs in the family. Or maybe it's just a family trait.

People in my family tend to buy gifts for birthdays and holidays early or on time, and then just never send them (instead, waiting to give them in person), or send them really late. It's not a negative thing, because we all do it and so we all expect it.

So that is why my Auntie Carol got her birthday necklace three weeks late! It was one of the things I was madly trying to finish in June, but I didn't exactly send it until the middle of July. At least the outcome was success -- she loved it! After all, it was her colors! :-)
This isn't the greatest picture of it. It was almost 100 degrees outside when I took it. (I was determined to take it in natural sunlight.) I had to run inside before I could take another one! But you get the idea...

And now, I'm off to watch the new season of Project Runway! Woohoo!!

5 comments:

MyFairLadyVT4 said...

Ha, our family does that also. I even sent my Dad his father's day card 3 weeks early this year. Duh.

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Hey! Do you belong to my family? I bet I can find a letter to my mom from before she passed away somewhere in this house....or maybe something we bought or made her. Mom passed away in 2001.

Marlaine said...

It's so pretty. Better late than never!

Anonymous said...

Adina, I love my new necklace. The photo doesn't do it justice. It is so delicate and hits just the right place on my neck for all my summer tops. Today I am wearing it with something baby blue and it looks amazing. It's just perfect. I'll try to send your birthday gift sometime soon... it's been in the waiting-to-be-mailed stack since last January, which, coincidentally is way before your birthday.
Love,
Auntie Carol

Ann said...

The necklace is so pretty! My family doesn't tend to do that, but my friends and I are like that more and more each year.