Sunday, June 03, 2007

I've been working on some beaded artwork and beaded cards lately. Of course, I haven't finished anything yet. When I do, I'll put some of it up here. But since this isn't knitting or crochet, I'd like my first pictures to be of the finished product. I guess this can be more of a craft blog than just a knitting blog. After all, I do write about crochet sometimes.

And I have still been knitting. I finished much, though. I designed a headband, based loosely off of the Interweave headband I made (twice) last fall. I want to knit or crochet a flower for it. And I still have to weave in the ends. So technically it isn't done. At all. And I finished a basic mohair hat a few weeks ago. Again, still gotta weave in the ends. As of now, I started another basic hat to sell, and I'm still working on the one I started on the way to Bryn Mawr. I'm at Sam's house now, and we're back on our Sopranos binge. So I started the new hat while watching Sopranos. I didn't want to bring all those tiny beads over here, and I wanted to do something with my hands and something productive.

Tomorrow, I might go to a new knitting group. It's in Brooklyn, and they're having cocktails and apparently, according to what they're put on the internet, it's somewhat radical. Sounds kind of like Phillyknitters and Fiber Nite. I still miss those guys. Amna might come, depending on her work schedule. I'm kind of nervous to meet new people, but I think it will be really fun.
And I want to make some knitting friends. Sam's friend, Jen, and her friends might come over this week and I can teach them to knit, and that will be really fun, but we'll see if that actually happens (I hope it does!)

No comments: