Saturday, April 21, 2007

This and That




so my computer is kind of dying. it's very slow, and although i can download pictures, i can't get them up on my blog. so although i have a picture of amna's hat, i can't put it up yet. sorry! (don't be surprised if old entries suddenly accumulate pictures.)

the other matter of knitting business is that sam (my boyfriend) is visiting his parents and brother in europe for ten days. so although i miss him, i have a short window of time to focus much more energy on my knitting! i'm still working on the gauntlets that i started a couple of months ago. it's been an on and off affair.

and i haven't forgotten my dad's sweater! i finally bought the yarn for it! the problem is that my father is extremely allergis to wool. a lot of knitters think that most wool allergies are actually people mistaking skin irritations caused by the courseness of wool for allergies. not so with my dad. he can't go near the stuff. so i went to school products co. and found some nice (non-returnable) cotton. i thought i was buying grey, but in better light, it looks brown. for some reason or another, my dad absolutely hates the color brown. but i can't return this and there's no way i'm not going to use it - not at that price! so he'll have to like it simply because i made it.

No comments: