Friday, April 06, 2007

I have a day off from work today. This makes me happy. Also, I don't have to work this weekend. That gives me three times as many full weekend days as I had the past two weeks. :)

So I'm falling back into love with knitting. I started Amna's hat last night. It's the first non-scarf I've made without a pattern. I'm getting help from Yarn Harlot's "Knitting Rules!" but it's not a pattern as such. This no-pattern business is very exciting. I'm beginning to design hats in my head as I knit. And I'm using Lamb's Pride, so the wool feels wonderful in my hands. Amna's very belated birthday present should be done in no time! Then I have to make the sweater that three years ago I promised my dad I would make him for his 50th birthday -- by December. And I have to make my aunt a scarf. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the sweater out of lamb's pride, because my dad is so allergic to wool that he can't touch it at all. But I guess if I have to find some special yarn, New York is the place to do it.

Last week, I revisited my field notes. In some weird, ironic way, my thesis was the only thing that kept me going during my senior year of hell. I really want to pursue this more. I'd love to write more in my thesis to make it publishable and to get it published, and maybe to pursue this in grad school. I've figured out that if I don't go to law school, what I really want to do is sociology, and not anthropology (although I still hold anthro in a special place in my heart). But I've been looking into grad schools for sociology, and there are so few places to fill. It's scary. I fear rejection.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE SOCIOLOGY!!! I CONSIDERED DOING THAT TOO!!!

One of the best subjects I ever did.

I want a salad.

You and your knitting blog are adorable.

I am going to get a salad.

BUHBYE SISTERBEAR