Friday, September 08, 2006

My new love


Cascade Pima Tencel. I've finally succumbed to the amazingness of the tactile nature of fiber. I found the pattern for this headband in the summer volume of Interweave. It's my second lace pattern ever. I tried to make it out of the same cotton as my scarf but it was too fine. I found this at Sophie's.

I'm also kind of in love with the pattern. My first I-cord. It kind of reminds me of a kind of friendship bracelet that I used to make in the fifth grade. I had to start over a few times but it was well worth it. Then I had to figure out the lace pattern. It uses p2sso and the instructions really confused me. I had to figure it out on my own and that, too, required a lot of unknitting. Then I somehow skipped a yarn over and I had to start over yet again. I've been knitting for two years but, really, I'm still a beginner. I'm still learning so much. It's kind of frustrating because I want to know everything now. It would also be nice to sell my stuff or write my own patterns. Some day...I can dream.

As for my other projects, I seem to be knitting (and crocheting) up a storm. I finally finished my cotton lace scarf. When I wear it in my hair, you can't really see the lace pattern. I should have made it a lot thinner. Oh well. I can still pull it off when I wear hoop earrings.

I seem to be a knitter of all trades. Living alone kind of does that to you. I do the knitting, the blogging, the modelling, and the photographing. Some day, maybe I will even flip the pictures around. For now, they will have to deal with being sideways.


And then there's Lu Mei's hat. For once, I've crocheted something to the pattern. I made very few mistakes. All I have left to do is weave in all the ends. There's just one problem: it's circumference is much bigger than it's supposed to be. It's too big on me -- and I have a big head (literally, not metaphorically). I don't want to start over so I'm thinking about felting it a little. At least the colors will be the same -- and the shells will be there too. I'm just afraid of shrinking it too much. If anyone ever read this blog, I'm sure I'd get some tips. Oh well, I guess I'll post something on a livejournal group.

No comments: