Sunday, October 25, 2009

Law School

Law School. The reason I can rarely go out with my boyfriend and friends. The reason I am at the library at 10 a.m. on a Sunday morning. The reason my nights are spent reading torts instead of watching Project Runway and Law and Order. The reason my Thursday nights are rarely spent knitting with my friends anymore. How do I feel about law school? I love it!

There's an amazing feeling when you find the perfect case for your legal memo, or when you create the perfect sentence. When you figure out WHY certain claims can only be brought in certain courts. I could go on, but I don't want you to leave, so I won't.

Last week, there were rumors of a new MTV reality show about my school. As it turns out, the administration and some student groups had met with some people from MTV to discuss the possibility of a reality show - and decided against it. Phew! My fellow students and I were pretty worried about that possibility - MTV isn't exactly known for bringing out the most savory elements of, well, anything. And that would surely be the case here. Can you imagine a show about what REALLY goes on in law school? The classes, the studying, the dorky legal conversations? Unless they figured out something from our personal lives (no doubt prohibiting us from ever finding jobs), that would have to be the most boring show EVER! To an outsider, law school has got to be incredibly boring. But I still love it.

1 comment:

Marlaine said...

Though I'm far from ever being a lawyer, I've had a couple of course and YES, it's pretty interesting. After all...our lives are all about law every day. It's wonderful that you are enjoying it!