Sunday, February 03, 2008

Life After LSAT

It's done done done!

After the test, Sam met me at a coffee shop, where he had some yummy Hungarian coffee waiting for me. On our way to lunch, I spotted Yarntopia, a yarn store I had never seen before or heard of, even though I spent the summer of 2005 at Columbia, where I spent my days going to class, wandering around Manhattan, and knitting obsessively. That summer, I walked to every knitting store I could find, and believe me, I would have remembered Yarntopia. I find that in New York, a lot of the stores have a lot of really beautiful yarn that is extremely expensive and for which I couldn't really find a project unless I were to buy a ton of it and go broke. Not so with this place. It's a New York LYS, so of course it isn't cheap, but I could see myself making something with just about everything in the store. Upon some internet research, I learned that the store just opened in December, so that's why I didn't already know about it. I assure you, it rocks. They even give paper bags instead of plastic, which is super cool.

As my post-test retail therapy, I decided to buy a book instead of yarn because I really need to finish my UFOs. But when I found Son of Stitch 'N Bitch I just had to buy it! I could finally have a choice of patterns that I could use for my dad's long-overdue sweater! And stuff I could make for Sam! I'm a little hesitant to make him a sweater because knitting a sweater for your boyfriend is said to curse relationships, but the book talks a lot about the curse, and I think that our relationship could withstand a sweater. Besides, he wants me to make a sweater for him. And I think he would like a lot of the sweaters in this book (though I would have to alter a lot of the color schemes). But now I'm getting ahead of myself. So many projects to finish first!

Speaking of Sam, the first review of Worst Case Ontario's first Album, Burning Politely, came out during my LSAT hibernation. It's on Frederick Foxtrott. Check it out!

No comments: