Friday, February 15, 2008

The past two days have been awesome!

For Valentines Day, Sam gave me New Ideas for Crochet: Stylish Projects for the Home. He gave me a crochet book because he knew that I had so many knitting books, but only one on crochet. Knowing Sam, I am sure he looked through all of the crochet books and figured out which one had stuff that looked like things I would use or wear. However, I doubt that he could have known that I have been looking for a book with these types of patterns since long before I met him. (I think that the coolest thing ever would be to have a home furnished mostly with things I made!) Once I move out of this place and get furniture that is not third- and fourth-hand, I am totally going to make the cushions, afghans, and even place mats in this book and have the coolest apartment ever.

Today after work, I went out with my friend, Katie. We got exhausted very early, both having had long weeks. But when I got home, I found the bead stuff I had ordered from the internet earlier this week! Amongst this was a booklet on bead and chain jewelry. On the first page, under the heading, "Basics," are some techniques I have always wanted to know but, being self taught, have never learned in all my years of beading. So, about twenty minutes ago, I apparently learned the very basics of beading, which I can now add to my 15 years of experience. Wahoo! Tomorrow, Sam and I are going away for the long weekend, but before I go, I'm going to swing by Beads World and get some wire. I'm impatient and can't wait another day!! (Yes, I know, living in New York spoils me...)

No comments: