Thursday, May 10, 2007

Unfortunately, I have no new photos to show you just now. But I promise, there will be more to come! I'll make up for this current dry spell, I swear!

And then there was this whole business with my blog. For some reason, I couldn't log in. It was weird. I was convinced that either someone had hacked into my blog (why on earth someone would do that, I have no idea) or that it or my computer was possessed. Turns out I'm just retahhhded.

The past two weeks have not been very productive on the knitting front. My dad was here and then when Sam got back I wanted to spend a lot of time with him and then I went to May Day. Good old Bryn Mawr. Didn't think I'd be back so soon, but my friends convinced me. I'm glad I went, though. It was great seeing everyone again. A lot of people from my class were there. It was awesome seeing them again, and being at May Day without exams looming is a whole experience unto itself. I was very ambitious when I packed. I brought that same gauntlet I've been working on forever and the yarn to start my blue hat just in case I finished that. Unfortunately, I didn't bring the fourth needle for the gauntlet, so I just ended up starting the hat on the bus. I had to stop after an hour or so, though, because it was giving me motion sickness. And the way back? Forget it! I was simultaneously drunk and hungover. It was difficult enough just to fumble out sentences. Luckily, Amna and Rohini came back on the train, bus, and subway with me!

Every time I look at my bank statements, I once again remember how freakin' expensive this city is. I could move, but quite frankly, I don't want to. Instead, I've been thinking about somehow capitalizing off of my craftiness. On an unrelated note, last week, I enquired about volunteering to teach an arts and crafts class at a senior center. But like every other regular volunteering opportunity (it seems) I can't do it because I work during weekdays. However, this did get me thinking. I may not be the most experienced knitter, but I do know a lot about crafts. I can knit, crochet, needlepoint, bead, and cross-stitch. And I have basic sewing skills. And then there are those awesome projects from Summer camp and the ones my mom taught me when I was little - like worry dolls, friendship bracelets, and decorative hairclips. It would be awesome to be able to teach this stuff to people. Before I started school, my mom sent me to a class at this lady's house where I made awesome things like edible sculptures. If only I had a house. Or if I could find some way to sell stuff. When I was a teenager, I used to sell beaded jewelry at markets. But I don't think I made a total profit over twenty bucks. Still, it's a thought...

No comments: