Sunday, August 31, 2008

Complimentary Contradictions

That is the theme for the Etsy Beadweavers September Challenge. For once, I wasn't scrambling to finish at the eleventh hour, and I had so much fun with this one! My piece is called, "Black and White - A Story in Color." It's made up of six hexagons woven together. Three of them are made up of different colors, and two of them are black, white, and different shades of gray. It's finished off with a real silver chain and a red glass bead. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out. These colors were so fun to use, and I'm also really pleased with the final proportions. I have a feeling that this piece will be my inspiration for many pieces to come.

You can vote for your favorite September EBWC Entry on September 9th on the EBW blog, http://etsy-beadweavers.blogspot.com.

I've only been a member of the Etsy Beadweavers since May, but it's been such an awesome experience so far. And the three challenges in which I have participated have truly influenced the way I bead, for the better! Lately, I haven't had much time to bead, because I've been getting ready to move apartments, and I've also begun the law school application process. I have finished a gift and a custom order, and I finished two more bracelets a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't had a chance to photograph them and get the up on Etsy yet. But I will soon! All in good time...

8 comments:

Melody Marie Murray said...

That does look like it was fun to make! I like the way it looks on, too. Very nice!

SarahKelley said...

Clever take on the theme! I like it!

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Really cool bracelet, Adina. Love your story behind it.

Marlaine said...

You're a busy person! So that makes your participating in the challenges all the more special. Love the bracelet! It's very cool.

AJ said...

Very cool! I think that the monochrome sections help give it definition.

Moving really throws a monkey wrench into your beading. I moved in June and I was *still* digging through boxes trying to find important things (like all my thread...) just a couple of weeks ago. I hope your move goes more smoothly :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jane Chew said...

Love this creation! If you allow, I would like to feature this creation in www.handmade-jewelry-club.com. Ok with you?

adina said...

Of course, Jane! Thanks so much! :-)