Monday, August 04, 2008

Art Deco

Once again, I listed my EBW Challenge piece at the very last minute, but I listed it!

This piece was inspired by colors and geometric designs of the Art Deco period. It's an adjustable peyote cuff with rectangular windows ascending (or descending, depending on which way you look at it) across the bracelet. I'm very happy with the way it turned out.

When I started this piece, I had a vague idea that I wanted it to be red, with maybe some black and or white, and preferable with some sort of window. It evolved as I continued with it. As geometric as it is, this piece is the closest I have ever come to free form. Perhaps it is time for me to give real free form a try! :-)

Starting August 9, you can see all the beautiful entries on the EBW Blog, and vote for your favorite!

5 comments:

SarahKelley said...

Love the way the windows descend!

Kim said...

really neat piece!

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Love your piece. Glad you got it in.

Marlaine said...

This piece looks great! It's always fun to let the beads take you where they will! Good luck with the voting!

Anna said...

Oh Adina! Its stunning!