Sunday, March 30, 2008

G'Day from Sydney!

I'm in Sydney now - the land of my youth! I've done a lot since I got to Australia (including spend a few days in Canberra and Melbourne) but I haven't had much time for crafts here! I did, however, find the bag of jewelry I made to sell. Now I just have to go through it and figure out what is sellable!

Although I've done very little knitting (except for a tiny bit on the plane on the way over), I have two quick things to recount:

1) Alpacas are OUTTA CONTROL! Or at least that's what Sam found when one tried to bite his hand on a farm outside Melbourne (I have photos which I will put up soon, but I don't have time to upload them just yet). They are also pretty cute! (And, um, their wool is really soft. Yeah.)

2) In Canberra, on the way to Sydney, they forced me to either check or chuck my plastic knitting needles, even though THE SAME AIRLINE LET ME BRING THEM ON THE WAY THERE! Needless to say, I chose the former. Needless to say, this made me MAD! Grr!

Ah well. That is all for now. Lata!

3 comments:

Anna said...

Yay! You're here. Are you able to come to the Tapesty Craft SnB on Thursday night (5-7pm)?

(Yes. CASA has silly rules about knitting needles but I'm over complaining about them.)

adina said...

I'm sooooo sorry but I tried to pack way too much into these two weeks and I'm not going to be able to make it...but I WILL be back to Sydney...I'm sorry!!!

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.