Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Best Vacation EVER!


I had sooooooooooo much fun in New Orleans! I had never really been to the South before, and I went with some awesome people and amazing friends. We drove to the gulf shore in Alabama, saw a boat festival, partied it up on Bourbon Street, ate food that I had no idea would taste so good, explored the French Quarter, and celebrated Jen's birthday. It was the first vacation (other than weekend trips) that I have taken since I started my job, and by the end, I felt completely refreshed.

It's a good thing that Jen's house has so much water, because it took hours for every person in the house to shower. While waiting, we had a little bit of down time, when the knitters in the group could knit. I made some progress on my sleeve, although I didn't quite finish it. We also caught some k's (wow, I've just surpassed my own dorkiness) during our FOUR HOUR DELAY at Newark airport, a delay that killed our first night there (although it was cool when Duane the shuttle driver got out of the shuttle, moved the barricade to the street on Bourbon Street, got back in, drove the shuttle into the street, got out again, and blocked the street back off behind him). In these pictures, Joanna is starting a cabled gauntlet in Newark, and working on it as we wait for the plane to take us home.

Jen, Kathleen, Joanna, and I broke off from the rest of the group as they downed a couple of hand grenades (potent mixed drinks) to tour Jen's new lys, where she's already made friends. I saw a beautiful (to look at and feel) Coigu shawl, which I would love to make some day. This is us outside the yarn store, with Kathleen's new prized yarn.

No comments: