Saturday, October 23, 2010

Crafting Woes and Silver Linings

Even before I went to law school, I felt that there was never enough time in the day to make as many things as I wanted to. Before I got my Etsy shop up, I had a strict routine of designing and making as many jewelry pieces as possible so that I would have merchandise when I opened up shop. Then, there were always deadlines for the EBW challenges. I entered most of them (actually, all of them) during the months between opening my shop and the beginning of my law school application process. They were great because they really forced me to expand my craft and come into my own. My Etsy street teem requires entry in one challenge a year, and so far I've managed to comply with that rule, but I wish I had more time to design.

And I also wish I had more time to knit! There are so many adorable patterns on Ravelry, I just want to knit them all! Right now I'm making a hat with some yarn that I bought on Etsy. I love the yarn, and it's nice making a hat because it's nice and relaxing and uncomplicated, but I do wish I could make a dent in my Ravelry queue.

This summer, I did finish Butterfly Bush, and now that warm shawls are apparently "in," I have even more occasions to wear it than I thought I would! It's so versatile - I can wear it every day, but also to formal occasions - which I have done! I just wish I could make more of the things I want...instead of just dreaming about them! I've been meaning to make a beret for literally years, and there are some adorable sweaters that I've just been itching to make!

No comments: