Sunday, March 02, 2014


I did it! I finished Jay's sweater just in the nick of time! The knitting was finished much more quickly than I had expected. But then I had all those ends to weave in. And all that sewing. If I ever do this pattern again, I'll definitely do some different bind-offs. And maybe a provisional cast-on for the hood to make it easier to pick up and knit the ribbing. But I'm still not experienced enough to be able to see the shapes (and, therefore, the appropriate bind-offs) while my projects are still in progress. Some day I will, but not yet!

So the weaving in of ends and the sewing took a week. I finished with just 15 minutes to spare. I hadn't even finished weaving in the ends (from sewing). And here it is:

And best of all, here are my medals:

Posted a week late, but still posted!!